MUSEcape Pty Ltd, established in 1991, is a heritage consultancy specialising in the following:
- identification and assessment of cultural landscapes, including hard and soft landscape elements, views and vistas in historic precincts, gardens, parks and cemeteries
- identification, assessment and documentation of movable heritage, particularly historic interiors, in situ collections and decorative arts
- preparation of conservation management documents including conservation management plans and strategies for places and movable heritage items, heritage impact statements, interpretive and cultural tourism strategies and plans, heritage education kits
- heritage advisory services to government authorities and the private sector on a wide range of topics including general heritage advice, coordination of community-based
- heritage studies and conservation of cultural landscapes
- advice on corporate art and gifts, including selection of items tailored to particular cultural requirements and political protocols
- advice on decorative arts and historic interiors
- advice on commissioning of public art for heritage places, including use of artworks to interpret site significance
- heritage input to landscape design for heritage buildings and precincts, including landscape concept plans and advice on appropriate plantings for restoration, reconstruction and recreation of historic gardens
- presentation of expert cultural landscape evidence in the NSW Land and Environment Court
- archival photographic recording of heritage places in accordance with NSW Heritage Office guidelines
- museum planning and management, including development of collection policies and curatorial plans
Christopher Betteridge, BSc (Sydney), MSc (Leicester), AMA (London), Director of MUSEcape Pty Ltd, is a qualified botanist with a Master’s degree in museum studies and training in heritage conservation. He has over thirty years' experience in the investigation, assessment, management and interpretation of the natural and cultural environment. Chris has lectured and published widely on the conservation of cultural landscapes including historic gardens, parks and cemeteries.
Margaret Betteridge, BA (NSW), Grad. Cert. Museum Studies (Leicester), AMA (London), Director of MUSEcape Pty Ltd, is an arts graduate with post-graduate qualifications in museum studies. She has over thirty years' experience in the conservation, management and interpretation of cultural resources, particularly historic buildings, their interiors and collections of movable heritage including furniture, furnishings and decorative arts. Margaret has lectured and published widely on historic public buildings and Australian decorative arts.